Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Artist Talk

The panelists of this Art Criticism Forum were Andrew Suggs, director of the non-profit artist-run VOX POPULI GALLERY, Sid Sachs, director of the ROSENWALD-WOLF GALLERY and faculty at the University of the Arts, Libby Rosof and Roberta Fallon, founders of the PHILADELPHIA ART BLOG and the 0.1% FOR ART COMMISSION.

This talk was interesting but also quite bothersome. I got some things out of it, but the panelists mainly talked in circles, and did not really have a point. They were mainly talking about the arts in Philadelphia and what we can do to better it. They also spoke much about Art Criticism. It was kind of discouraging to hear about how many things our city lacks when it comes to art.
The speakers had many good points of view, but why just talk about, why not try doing something about it? I am talking about how the arts in Philadelphia can become better.

I am glad I went to this talk because I did learn a lot and it was great to see people of all ages voice their opinions, come out and support the arts in Philadelphia and to meet new people. I think there are many good things that can come from discussions like this one, but it will just take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment