teehheee :)
Response 1: Judy Harold-Steinhauser.
I really enjoyed what Judy had presented us with. Most particularly, I liked hearing about and seeing her work and her "painting with light" photography because I always say that I do that in my work; Definitely in a different way than she does but it was interesting to see what someone who has had so much time and experience had to say about a style that I feel as though I have in common with her. I say that I do it too, but unlike her, I use my digital camera and I see the similarities however, I more so saw the extreme differences and the PLETHORA of other ways this technique has been carried out. It was also cool and interesting to hear about the details and the specifics of the different processes she used. Aside from that, I liked her story about how she came to be where she is today. It was inspiring because it was really just all about having a GO GET-EM attitude and achieving what you want with persistence and not letting anything stand in your way.
2. Eugene Mopsik:
I also enjoyed what Eugene had to share with us. Hearing about the commercial photography world was interesting, informational and necessary. I think we all benefitted from hearing what things are like in commercial photography and business from someone of such high stature in the field. It was something that we all needed to find out about seeing as how we have mostly known more about fine arts.
3.Diedra Krieger:
FIRST OFF, she is just great all around. But as for her talk, I actually found it to be probably one of the most interesting. I think the fact that she is still not too deep into her career, and more recently graduated into what she does was great because it was helpful to us in a way that it focuses more on the kind of steps we should take and decisions we should be making from now until we graduate. I really like how she also turns her publicly interactive installation into a performance piece, especially the fact that she does it while maintaining a sense of humor. It reminded me how fun working on projects can be as long as the passion is there and you are driven.
4. Tom Ammon
I also really enjoyed this. I thought that 160 over 90 was just such a cool place over all and learning about their business and how they run it was inspiring. It was nice to see an establishment that is obviously very busy with what they do, yet they still seemed so laid back and able to enjoy what they do. Like listening to Eugene, going there was really helpful in explaining commercial photography and how it works. It was learning about the commercial world in a different light with different information than what we had heard from Eugene.
5. DIDN'T MAKE IT TO THIS ONEEE sorry
6.Tsuyoshi Ito
Again, I enjoyed this. Mostly because it hasn't been too long since he started his establishment and it was interesting to see how he's working with it and hear him talk about the types of issues he has encountered in the process. It was really nice and helpful of him to look at portfolios. Although he didn't see mine, for the people he did see it seemed as though his criticism was really helpful and accurate and it helped that he would explain exactly why certain things should be changed and brought up important ideas that we should all keep in mind when composing a portfolio.
7. Zoe Sless-Kitain
This was good, and especially for me personally because of how I have preferred to work with a magazine. It was a really good glimpse of what work is like in that realm. I learned that it is definitely fast paced and things have to be very well organized in order to get things done on time.
3 shows:
fairmount, vox, fishtown collective: welcome to the neighborhood
website
ARTIST TALK:
The panelists of this Art Criticism Forum were Andrew Suggs, director of the non-profit artist-run VOX POPULI GALLERY, Sid Sachs, director of the ROSENWALD-WOLF GALLERY and faculty at the University of the Arts, Libby Rosof and Roberta Fallon, founders of the PHILADELPHIA ART BLOG and the 0.1% FOR ART COMMISSION.
Me bailey and erin went to this and it was definitely interesting. It was nice to be gathered with the Philadelphia art community and listen to different ideas from well known people who have been involved for decades, as well annoying penn kids around our age. I feel as though i took something from it even though it wasn't the most progressive talk I've ever heard. The topic of focus was Art Criticism in Philadelphia, which i thought was cool because I've never really thought about it. Really interesting viewpoints and opinions came up, but then they kept circling around the room. Basically they were all commenting and talking about more so, the lack there of of art criticism in Philadelphia. It was just kinda confusing cause they would talk like that and kind of complain, but then praise developments in the art community and claim that it wasn't a problem. Overall I enjoyed it and I enjoyed kind of being updated on our world as a city and a community, but I didn't really take anything from it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment