Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bre's Juried Shows & Final Requirements

My 3 shows are:
Moore Student Fellowship 
Photographer's Forum Magazine Spring contest 
ViewBug.com

Website: bcopel.otherpeoplespixels.com
( It should be live under Brecopeland.com in 48 hrs, but use the above link until then)

 my artist's statement follows:
      I create pictures to make the image in my mind. I appropriate images from family photo albums, the Internet, and found printed medium. I dissect images and piece them together in Photoshop or by hand. Many times I pair the appropriated pictures with found objects, in frames and boxes and it becomes 3D.    
     The subject matter deals with connecting with the person in the image by trying to discover their identity through the photograph. I try and piecing together clues from the time of the picture to get the full story of the moment. I also like to see if their history relates to my present. I attempt to discover their story and find a way to voice it through photography and found objects.
     I am also looking for extraordinary in the ordinary people’s photographs. Its ordinary people’s stories that we never hear but can relate to and still admire or not like them at all. I pick certain parts of the person I want to remember, because that’s how I want to keep them, its worth more to me. My work has made me think about my actions and what I’ll leave behind for someone else to find and examine.

No comments:

Post a Comment