I got an email from this company called Schmap asking if they could use one of the photographs on my flickr for their brochures, but I was a little weary about the terms and conditions they had up. Basically what I understood from the terms and conditions was that they can use my photo for anything. It says "You hereby grant Schmap a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual license to include the Photos in the current and/or subsequent releases of Schmap's destination/local guides." But it also says I won't be paid for it in any way although I will get credit for it anytime they use it. I looked at the site
http://www.schmap.com/philadelphia/toppicks_attractions/#r=none&mapview=Map&tab=Places&topleft=40.02735,-75.22322&bottomright=39.89815,-75.12674&i=53317_5.jpgwhere it will be and it links back to flickr so people can see the full sized photo.
I emailed
Karen to see if it was a good thing to do to put on my resume. She replied that "its not a very good deal, but it is "non-exclusive" so you can use your image in other ways. I would say that its an ok deal for where you are... they get free work, you get a line on your resume and exposure."
So basically I've decided to do it for the exposure.
Congrats
ReplyDeleteYeah they same place contacted me. It's pretty cool. I have a picture on their site of the penitentiary for people to see and they gave me credit. So yeah i think you made the right choice. Why not, right?
ReplyDelete