Thursday, March 19, 2009

Philadelphia Photo Arts Center

"Dear Diane,

Thanks for contacting PPAC, and for expressing interest in interning. PPAC has not yet officially opened (we do scanning and printing from my home office a this time), but will move into the Crane Arts building July 1 and the Center will open August 4. If you would be interested in working with me, June, July and August will be very busy months, where you could gain a lot of experience and information about all aspects of the nonprofit plus photography using digital practices. If you are still interested, let me know and we can set up a time to meet.

Best,

Sarah Stolfa
Executive Director
Philadelphia Photo Arts Center"


I heard back from Basekamp. I do believe that they are interested.
"Hi Diane,

Have you sorted out your Spring/Summer internship?
Starting in April, we are working with volunteers on a project scheduled to open in May -- an updated remake of the "Hegemonic Bar" on the ten-year anniversary of it's first opening in 1999. You can see the first version on Basekamp's website here: http://localhost:8888/basekamp/bk_team/projects/hegemonicbar/index.html

Please let me know if you're interested / available.

Best,
Scott"


I think the Philadelphia Photo Arts Center would be a better place for me. Also, I told them that it would be great if I could start around May 18. I'll be out of school by then....
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! Good follow up on an idea. Keep on communicating with Sarah if you want to create a position here. And as a plus, it seems to be a non profit.

    ReplyDelete