Off the internship topic, I know you Juniors are looking for a place off campus for your senior show. I think you might want to do both, keep a photo presence at the Moore Galleries; a lot of outside people do visit them. But also try something on your own. Here is one idea, it's a bit messy and I don't know what the next year will bring, but you might want to look into it and perhaps set things in motion early:
FREE ART SPACE
A call to artists and arts groups: Better signs of life than for-rent signs.
South Street developers Howard Lander and Steve Giannascoli are donating at
least a half-dozen vacant storefronts to arts groups to use as gallery space
and "creative incubators" - until the economy improves. The plan, hatched by
merchants Julia Zagar (Eyes Gallery) and Bill Curry (Copabanana), have
groups paying utilities but no rent for two months, with a month-to-month
renewal option.
Some of these storefronts are already filled with shows, so you can go to South St. and have a look around.
I'll e-mail all of you the form to fill out so that you have it if you want to pursue this idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment