Philadelphia Magazine
We finally got to meet a magazine photo director. Zoe’s job sounds really busy, and hectic with a lot of deadlines, but it probably balances out with the fun part of photo shoots. The fact she has to manage three magazines, sounds really hectic, but I fig if I can handle 6/7 classes that couldn’t be too different.
Zoe gave us a lot of insight of how a magazine works. There were aspects of working as a freelance photographer, and getting in as an assistant. I thought it was interesting she was an intern and worked her way up, although she didn’t tell us how long that took her or if she tried any other career paths.
I liked her job because she got to direct the focus of the photographs, and still allow the photographer to have their creative input. I also like that her whole job isn’t spent behind a desk but she gets to go in the field, but I assume a majority of her work is in the office.
Her assistant was nice I’m glad she shared her background and career path from student to intern to assistant.
Diedre Kreiger
She has done a lot in her career, has tried many things, and doesn’t seem afraid to start over or change directions. Her installation was gigantic, and a pretty cool projects. Many of the things she is doing directly relate to our path in live now, good pick Karen!
She gave us a lot of insight into many of the collectives in philly. Her categories of career paths made sense: be an artist, art administration, or unrelated with art on the side, any way you choose art will be present in some form.
There is a lot of work like taxes, business knowledge and practices, insurance that I didn’t really consider before, so they were good things to know about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment