Monday, April 13, 2009

website & artist statement

baileyaryn.com - This is the layout I did for Robert's class. One day soon I'll update it.

Artist Statement:

Bailey Goldenbaum

My series of photographs developed from taking pictures of human body parts and constructing these limbs in a new way to make a completely unrecognizable form. They resemble a bird's eye view of the earth, which has the same shapes, textures and lines that lead us around a surface of appendages. I explored this connection to a greater degree by researching the Maori tribe of New Zealand, who are spiritually and emotionally connected to the land. They refer to themselves as the "people of the land", which encompasses their belief that the land and people are indivisible. I hope my photographs are a successful visual representation of the Maori way of life, which is to respect the land as an equal and to learn and be inspired by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment