Monday, April 27, 2009

Philly Mag & Deidre Kreiger

When we went to Philadelphia magazine we met Zoe. Zoe is the magazine's photo director. Her job seems really stressful but someone has to do it. I thought her presentation was very nice, and it was really interesting to see how they layout the magazine and plan everything out before they send it out. It made me realize that maybe a magazine position like her's I wouldn't enjoy, I thought I would be maybe just not with that particular magazine. Plus the entire time the smell of the room made me feel sick to my stomach for at least an hour after leaving the building. If you can't handle the rooms your going to work in OBVIOUSLY its not a good match.
Then, we had guest speaker Deidre Kreiger. She seemed to really love what she does and her work is pretty interesting. Im glad she was truthful about all the things she is going through in life to make her artwork and to sell her artwork. She made me feel a little better about what life will be like when Im no longer in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment